Public Notice – Zoning Map Amendment
Borough of Hellertown
685 Main St. Hellertown PA 18055
Notice is hereby given that Hellertown Borough Council will hold a Public Hearing in council chambers of the municipal building at 685 Main St., Hellertown, PA 18055 on Tuesday January 21st 2020, at 7:00 pm for the purpose of hearing the following zoning map amendment request:
Michael and Sarah Chaffier: 1527 Easton Rd. Hellertown, PA 18055. Applicant requests to amend the official Borough zoning map and change the zoning designation of 1527 Easton Rd(Parcel Q7-16-1-0715), from R-1 Residential to R-2 Residential.
All interested parties may attend. The above listed zoning map amendment request may be reviewed at the Hellertown Borough Zoning/Code Enforcement office or Borough website.
NORTHAMPTON COUNTY, PENNSYLVANIA
ORDINANCE NO. ___
(Duly Adopted ______________)
AN ORDINANCE AMENDING CHAPTER 450 (ZONING) OF THE HELLERTOWN BOROUGH CODIFIED ORDINANCE BY AMENDING THE OFFICIAL ZONING MAP TO CHANGE THE ZONING DESIGNATION OF 1527 EASTON ROAD (PARCEL ID # Q7-16-1), FROM R-1 – RESIDENTIAL TO R-2 – RESIDENTIAL.
WHEREAS, pursuant to Section 609 of the MPC, 53 P.S. 10609, the Borough is authorized and empowered to enact amendments to the Hellertown Borough Zoning Ordinance after public hearing thereon pursuant to public notice, and
WHEREAS, the Borough Council of Hellertown Borough has conducted a public hearing pursuant to public notice concerning the following amendment to the Hellertown Borough Zoning Ordinance, and
WHEREAS, after public hearing pursuant to public notice, the Borough Council of Hellertown Borough desires to ordain and enact the amendment to the Hellertown Borough Zoning Ordinance as set forth hereinafter.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ORDAINED AND ENACTED by the Borough Council for Hellertown Borough and it is hereby ordained and enacted by the authority of the same, to wit:
SECTION 1. AMENDMENTS TO ZONING ORDINANCE
1. The Hellertown Borough Zoning Ordinance is hereby amended by amending the Official Zoning Map to change the zoning designation of 1527 Easton Road (Parcel ID # Q7-16-1) from R-1 – Residential to R-2 – Residential. A true and correct copy of the depiction of the map amendment indicating the precise area to be rezoned is attached hereto as Exhibit “A”.
2. The foregoing Legislative Findings are incorporated herein by reference and made a part hereof.
SECTION 2. SEVERABILITY
The provisions of this Ordinance are declared to be severable. If any sentence, clause, section, term, phrase or part of this Ordinance is for any reason found to be unconstitutional, illegal or invalid, such unconstitutionality, illegality or invalidity shall not affect or impair any of the remaining provisions, sentences, clauses, sections, terms, provisions, or parts of this Ordinance. It is hereby declared the intent of the Borough Council for Hellertown Borough that this Ordinance would have been adopted had such an unconstitutional, illegal, or invalid sentence, clause, section, or part thereof not been included herein.
SECTION 3. FAILURE TO ENFORCE NOT A WAIVER
The failure of the Borough to enforce any provision of this Ordinance shall not constitute a waiver by the Borough of its rights of future enforcement hereunder.
SECTION 4. REPEALER
Any ordinance, resolution and/or other regulation of the Borough, or any parts of ordinances, resolutions and/or other regulations of the Borough, including but not limited to all prior zoning ordinances and amendments or parts of prior zoning ordinances and amendments, including prior zoning maps, which are inconsistent herewith are hereby repealed. All other provisions of the ordinances, resolutions and/or other regulations of the Borough of Hellertown, Northampton County, Pennsylvania shall remain in full force and effect.
SECTION 5. EFFECTIVE DATE
This Ordinance shall become effective on the day after the date of adoption by the Borough Council.
DULY ORDAINED AND ENACTED this ___ day of _______________, 20__ by a majority of the Borough Council of the Borough of Hellertown, Northampton County, Pennsylvania, at a duly advertised meeting of the Borough Council at which a quorum was present. As part of this Ordinance, the Borough Council has directed that the President, or Vice-President in the absence of the President, execute this Ordinance on behalf of the Council.
NEW ROUND OF FACADE GRANTS AVAILABLE
What it is: This program is designed to assist downtown businesses in making exterior renovations to their front facades. It will provide for matching 1 to 1 reimbursement grants for façade improvements in the Borough of Hellertown up to a maximum amount of $10,000 per property.
Up to $3,000 of the $10,000 maximum in grant funding can be used for Streetscape-level improvements to your property, whereby you can receive one dollar in façade grant money for every two dollars you invest into these types of improvements.
Why invest: The Façade Program is intended to stimulate private investment in the preservation of historic downtown architecture and to foster image-making improvements to properties.
- Benefits to property owners include: Higher rents, more stable leases, increased occupancy rates, improved marketability and higher property values.
- Benefits to business owner include: Increased sales, improve image and visibility of your business, increases exposure, creates an inviting atmosphere and reduce overhead.
- Benefits to the community include: Help create a sense of place, enhance safety and cleanliness, recruit better employees, develop a more stable tax base and reduce pressure for sprawl development.
Eligible properties: Any business or business property owner (excluding government or non-profit entities) within the following map are eligible:
Project Boundaries: On Main Street: from Walnut Street through Kichline Avenue
On Water Street: from Front Street to Delaware Avenue
All of Front Street: from E. Thomas
Avenue to Walnut Street
- Eligible Facade Level Activities
(Require a $1 match for every grant $1 – maximum of a $10,000 grant allocation)
Brick and Stone Masonry, Architectural Metals, Doors, Windows, Exterior Woodwork, Storefronts, Signage, Painting, Awnings, Lighting, Shutters, Power Washing, Roofing , Gutters, Design Assistance (see “Eligible Activities” Section in the Policies and Procedures document for more detailed information)
- Eligible Streetscape Level Activities
(Require a $2 match for every grant $1 – up to a $3,000 grant allocation, which counts towards the $10,000 maximum per property)
Sidewalks, street trees, fences, retaining walls, other site improvements (as approved on a case by case basis)
- Ineligible Activities
Landscaping (with the exception of street trees), benches, trash cans, paving, parking lots, and sandblasting are not eligible activities.
- Review guidelines
- File Notice of Intent to Apply form (complete); await word on eligibility
- Pursue Design Assistance (not required – but encouraged)
- Fill out a formal application for a Façade Grant
- Façade Grants are awarded by the Hellertown Planning Commission; await word on the status of your application
- Complete a reimbursement agreement (if project is approved)
- Begin construction (please note – any work completed before the reimbursement agreement is signed will not be eligible for reimbursement)
- Complete construction, obtain all necessary materials and submit for a reimbursement check
- Receive reimbursement check
For more information: Please note that this is only a general overview of this program. For a full copy of the policies and procedures, please contact Cathy Hartranft at 610-838-7041.